MORE WAYS TO BE LEAN & CLEAN
Check out some links we think you'll enjoy
Rotary International's 2012 President, Sakuji Tanaka, believes in the power of community cleanups:
"People would see me and others spending the day cleaning the area in front of their houses. Eventually, they would join in and, even better, would keep the area tidier on their own." Sakuji Tanaka, The Rotarian Magazine, July 2012 issue
- Keep America Beautiful: Preventing Litter, Preventing Waste and Beautifying Communities.
- Keep Mobile Beautiful: Keep Mobile Beautiful is responsible for providing a cleaner, healthier environment for the City of Mobile through education, public relations, and coordinating improvement projects.
- American Heart Association's Start Walking Now: Resources for walking paths, walking clubs, and more.
- Adopt-A-Highway: Provides companies/organizations branding opportunities while supporting the community their customers live and work in.
- Litter. It Costs You: A program by the state of Georgia. Their website has some great tools and information.
- Great American Clean Up: The nation's largest annual community improvement program
- Alabama PALS: (People Against a Littered State): "Working together for an unlittered Alabama"
- Follow us on Twitter @lean_and_clean
- Reconnecting America: Reconnecting America is a national nonprofit that advises civic and community leaders on how to overcome community development challenges to create better communities for all.